An easy low carb way to start the day while fresh strawberries are still around.
You need to buy fresh ricotta from the delicatessen for this recipe. It is firmer and drier than the prepackaged ricotta.
- 1 cup (260g) ricotta cheese, regular fat (from the deli)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk, regular fat
- 3 tablespoons (30g) coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) sugar free maple flavoured syrup
- 1 egg
- 10g lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons (60g) butter
- 200g strawberries, fresh
Slice in the strawberries and pour over 1 tablespoon of the sugar free maple syrup.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl except the butter. Whisk until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a pan.
When the pan is hot, add spoonfuls of the mixture, cook until bubbly and brown on both sides.
Use more butter as you need it and keep the pikelets warm.
Scatter with strawberries and serve.